That’s right! Today’s Tuesday soo…we’re cooking!! I thought to pick something less difficult but as delicious as the last dessert: Apple pie!! 😊
It is my dad’s favourite sweet in the world, so I though: Why not? It’s not that hard to cook, but definitely great.
( You may need the help of a friend or a parent to do it. But, it you’re skilled, you can even do it on your own!)
What we need:
Pastry for 2 crusts (recipe below)
8 cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples – about 3 lbs. (Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonathan)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon milk
1. In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.
2. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apples and toss well to coat.
3. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie pan with apple mixture. Dot with butter.
4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust with a fork or by hand.
5. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk. Brush mixture over top crust.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Come on, now you can do it yourself!
The recipe has been take from here