Every day, I go to school with the bus and return with the subway. So, I spend a fair amount of time in the public transport. (a very good way to understand the cruelty of people since an early age.)
Surviving such a ride, you need to have grown up in these, or respect a few basic rules:
1. Not ever will you catch a free sit. If they happen to exist, however, you need to let everyone else have them, otherwise you are just another example of a rebellious, uneducated teenager.
2. If you happen to receive an elbow in your stomach, don’t give up! It happens often, you’ll slowly get used to the pain.
3. You must, MUST keep your schoolbag in your hand, not on your back. The fact that your arm is broken and hurting is not anyone’s problem.
4. Do at all time listen to your music without earphones on. People love to hear your delightful taste in music.
5. Feel free to eat McDonalds products, as the smell does not do any damage to our hungry stomachs.
Of course, this rules are flexible and everyone behaves originally, based on natural instincts.
Seriously, though, if you have a car, use it! Avoid smells and crowds and crazy people talking politics. It’s soo much easier…